Linda Lay & The Springfield Exit
May 2, 2009
After putting their stamp on several of Cracker Barrel's Heritage Series CDs in early 2002, Linda and David Lay, along with David McLaughlin, decided to perform some shows together. At their first concerts at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., and at the Lowell Massachusetts Folk Festival, they received standing ovations and rave reviews. With these auspicious results, they have continued performing together.
Springfield Exit is now considered one of Virginia's outstanding trio of singers. They perform original songs and a wide variety of their own arrangements of old standards and traditional songs and instrumentals pulled from a wide variety of sources, both traditional and new country, blues, swing, bluegrass, and folk.
Though two members are natives of Virginia, all three now live in Winchester in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley from whence they travel to just about anywhere. They have performed to audiences nationwide from Vermont to Washington state. In the last three years, they have performed on the stages at the Library of Congress, several National Folk Festivals, the Birchmere, Floyd Fest, Winchester's Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival, the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, the General Jackson Showboat, the Wildhorse Saloon, Opryland Hotel, and many other important venues and stages.
- Dickens' Christmas Towne at Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center
- Winter Carnival at MacArthur Center
- MacArthur on Ice at MacArthur Center
- Opening Weekend - Winter Wonderland at Portsmouth Art and Cultural Center
- Million Bulb Walk at Norfolk Botanical Garden
- 14th Annual Pagoda and Garden LightFEST at Pagoda and Oriental Garden
- Interactive Model Train Exhibit at 150 W. Main Street
- 17th Annual Olde Towne Holiday Music Festival at City of Portsmouth
- Harbor Lights 5K and Half Marathon at Town Point Park
- The Ice Palace at MacArthur Center